Attorney & Staff Directory »
Attorneys & Staff by Name »
Vincent P. Ravaschiere
Vincent P. Ravaschiere
Vincent P. Ravaschiere has been actively involved in utilizing tax credit programs for community development purposes for 15 years, specializing since 2004 in the New Markets Tax Credit (NMTC) Program. The NMTC program is federal subsidy program designed to attract private investment capital to low-income communities. Mr. Ravaschiere has worked on NMTC projects with numerous Community Development Entities, project sponsors, investors and other professionals. Mr. Ravaschiere also serves as President of New Markets Capital Company, LLC, and is directly responsible for sourcing NMTC transactions worth over $300,000,000. Recently, Mr. Ravaschiere advised the State of Alaska in developing a new guarantee and loan program designed to increase the number of NMTC financings in that State.
Prior to joining Jaeckle Fleischmann & Mugel, LLP, Mr. Ravaschiere served for 13 years as General Counsel and Corporate Secretary to HELP USA, a national housing and human services organization founded by Andrew Cuomo, currently Governor of the State of New York. He managed all legal affairs of the organization, which at that time had approximately 775 employees at 22 locations and an annual operating budget of $50 million. Mr. Ravaschiere also led HELP USA's national housing development program. Under his direction, HELP USA developed its first projects outside of New York, overcoming the many obstacles to building new housing for the homeless in such diverse locations as Philadelphia, Houston, Las Vegas, Buffalo and New York City. Many of these projects were financed in part with federal Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
University of Notre Dame, School of Arts & Letters (B.S., cum laude, 1976); Columbia University, School of International and Public Affairs (Master in International Affairs, 1978); University of Virginia, School of Law (J.D. 1982); Articles Editor, Virginia Journal of International Law.
1983 New York Bar; 1984 U.S. District Courts, Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
Principal Area(s) of Practice:
Economic & Land Development; Environmental; Housing Resources
- Mr. Ravaschiere was in private practice in New York City for nine years, representing clients in both litigation and corporate transactions, and focusing on regulatory, environmental, land use and real estate law.
- Consultant, U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- Presidential Management Intern; Clinton/Gore Transition Team
- Campaign of Andrew Cuomo for Governor of the State of New York
- Chairman, New York City Council Legislative Advisory Commission on the Homeless (1995-1997)
- Special Counsel, New York City Commission on the Homeless (1991-1992)
- Gardner Family Care Corporation: Closing the Financing Gap (Reznick Group's New Markets Tax Credit Connection, Spring 2006)
- Court Limits Environmental Review of Annexations, 4 Municipal Lawyer 2
- The New York Environmental Law Handbook (Government Institutes, Inc., 245 pp.)
- Mr. Ravaschiere has also been a speaker at the Novogradac New Markets Tax Credit Investors Conference, one of the industry's best attended annual meetings.